The Board of Directors is the nominated or elected body of the General Assembly entrusted with management of the Union and achievement of its objectives, and implementation of resolutions of the Assembly and all the strategic plans set to achieve the general policy of the Union.
The Board of Directors of the Union is composed of the following entities :
President of the Union: the President Judge PhD. Ahmed Al - Ashqar – Palestine
- Judge in the Criminal Court Authority of Ramallah – Palestine.
- He holds a Bachelors’ in law from the University of Hassan II in Casablanca in the Kingdom of Morocco in public law.
- He served as Secretary of the Palestine Judges’ Association.
- He served as Secretary of the Founding Committee of the Palestinian Judges Association’s Assembly .
- He served as Chairman of the Palestinian Judicial Observatory Society.
- He served as Chairman of the Palestinian Association Nawafeth.
- He served as Director of the Center for Judicial Studies and Researches in the Palestinian Higher Judicial Council.
- He served as legal assistant at the technical office of the Palestinian Supreme Court.
- He served as a representative of the Higher Judicial Council at the National Committee for Legislative Planning of the Palestinian Government.
- He served as a representative of the Higher Judicial Council at the Supreme National Guidance Committee for Juvenile Justice.
- International expert and trainer in the field of human rights at several international organizations, including:
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Office of the Palestinian Territories for preparation of a study on women’s right to live between legislation and jurisprudence. 2014.
- The Regional Office for the Middle East affiliated to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Beirut (OHCHR), the Beirut Regional Office for preparation of the Judicial Training Manual on Freedom of Expression and the Prohibition of Hate Speech. 2017.
- Associate with save the Children Organization to prepare a review of the national legislation on the rights of the child in accordance with international standards. 2015.
- Raoul Wallenberg Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI), Kingdom of Sweden, Regional Office in Amman. 2016-2018.
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), Beirut, to prepare a study on women’s access to judicial arbitration, eliminating challenges and increasing numbers. 2018.
- Instructor in Judicial Training Methodology at the Regional Workshops of the Arab Judicial Institutions in association with the Raoul Wallenberg Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI).
- Training Expert in the field of Juvenile Judiciary (Hartland Ailens International Institution – Baghdad 2019)
- Expert in the field of fighting against torture (Torture Victims rehabilitation & treatment center2018, workshop of the independent committee for human rights 2018)
- A recognized expert in legislative formulation (Lahai Academy for Legislation Sciences & the law 2011)
- A recognized expert in fighting against human trafficking (the united nations office for training & documentation in the field of human rights, Qatar 2010)
- A training expert in the field of freedom of opinion & expression & the freedom of press training ( the congregation for Integrity & Accountability – Amman 2015)
- Published several studies and books, published by international and regional organizations, including:
“Judicial Training Manual on the Implementation of International Human Rights Agreements ” (accredited in seven Arab judicial institutions), 2016.
- “Arab Jurisdictions in Implementing International Human Rights Agreements”, Publications of the Raoul Wallenberg Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, Kingdom of Sweden, 2016.
- “Judicial Protection of Public Rights and Freedoms between Theory and Practice”, Publications of the Independent Commission for Human Rights (Bureau of Offences), 2013.
- “Murder of Women in Palestine on pretense of honorable integrity”, OHCHR / Palestine Office Publications, 2014.
- “Reviewing Palestinian Legislation from the Perspective of International Standards for the Rights of the Child”, Save the Children international Association, 2014.
- “Judicial Training Manual on Freedom of Opinion and Expression and the Prohibition of Hate Speech”, 2017 publications (Beirut Regional Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights and RWI Institute 2017.
- “Training Manual on the Application of International Standards for Fair Trial Guarantees”, Publications of the Raoul and Wallenberg Institute, Kingdom of Sweden, Amman Regional Office, 2018.
- “Principles issued by the Palestinian Supreme Court” in partnership, Publications of the Technical Office at the Palestinian Supreme Court 2011 -2014.
- “Obligations of the State of Palestine to protect the right of women to live as per provisions of the Convention for Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women”, published by the Women’s Legal and Social Counseling Center 2018.
Secretary-General: Supreme-Judge Amira Al-Amri, Tunisia
- Judge of the District Court of Tunis.
- General Secretary of the Union of Tunisian Judges.
- She holds a Masters degree in law in 2007 / first year of masters’ degree of private law & preparing to conclude prerequisites for masters’ degree
- Training Expert at the international legal aid association (ILAC) training candidates on the subject of the justice and democratic transition and on the role of women judges in supporting the independence of the judiciary system.
- An expert at the National Center for the State Courts of Tunisia (ncsc) as part of the Court Management Development Program and a member of the Committee commissioned with issuance the Procedure Manual at District Courts.
First Vice President of the Union: Presiding Judge Dr. Abdul Latif Al - Shantouf - Morocco
- Judge at the Commercial Court of Rabat, Morocco.
President of the Judges Association of Morocco
He holds a Bachelors’ Degree in legal sciences from the Faculty of Law at Mohamed V University in Rabat.
Part-time professor at the Faculty of Law in Rabat and Salé since 2012.
He served as head of the National Observatory for Judicial authorities.
Member of the Supervising Committee on the Partnership Initiative for an Open Government in Morocco,
Participated as an expert on several law and human rights programs, he has participated with the International Commission of human rights activists in Geneva in several workshops for experts, including the reform of military courts in the Arab region and a guide to judicial accountability.
Participated in a book as one of the co-authors issued by the Arab Center for Research and Political Studies in Doha – Qatar through a research paper on judicial activity in Morocco.
Second Vice - President of the Union: Presiding Judge Ibrahim Boussallah - Tunisia
- Second-order judge, assistant prosecutor-general of the Court of Appeal of Tunis.
- Assistant General Prosecutor at the Tunisian Court of Appeals, Attache’ at the Judicial Economic & Financial Counter Corruption Office
- President of the Union of Tunisian Judges.
- Holds a master’s degree in banking law and stock exchange.
- Trainer in the field of fighting against torture practices.
- trainer in the field of local groups.
Financial Officer: Prime Judge Mahasin Kaddour - Tunisia
- Financial Judge of the Court of Audit of Tunisia.
General Secretary of the union of Audit Judges in Tunisia.
Member of the association of control, inspection and auditing at the Tunisian public authorities .
Member of the Tunisian Women Judges Association.Member of the Judges Union of Tunisia
She holds a Master’s degree in Law (Public Administration and Finance Division) and a Certificate of Post Graduate Studies conclusion from the National College of Administration (Public Expenditure Control Division). She holds a certificate of conclusion of studies in public law from the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences in Tunisia, is currently preparing her PhD thesis in this field titled (Governing Major Public Projects.)Member of the Committee assigned with preparation of the Statute for the Tunisian Court of Audit.Member of the National Committee formed within the Tunisian Ministry of Justice assigned with preparation of the Statute for Tunisian Judges
Member of the team authorized with preparation of the national strategy for the righteous arbitration & the fight against corruption 2016-2020 Tunisia
International Arbitrator & member of the arbitration committee at the International Arbitration & Conflict Resolving Council
Attained a certificate in formulation in the field of (project management)
Recognized Expert in the field of public health & social affairs
Recognized Expert in the field of control of election campaigns funding
Recognized Expert in the field of Public Transactions
Deputy Secretary-General: Judge Rawda Al-Ariki, Yemen
- Judge holding the title of court presiding judge.
- President of the Forum of Female Judges of Yemen.
- PhD level Researcher in Private law -, Faculty of Law and Political Science, Al-Manar University, Tunis.
- Member of the International Association of Female Judges.
Worked at the Casuistry and Legislation Sector in the Ministry of Legal Affairs in 2005-2006
- Member of the International Network of Female Judges
Assistant Secretary General for Project Management and Public Relations’ Affairs : Judge Amani Salameh - Lebanon
- Investigating judge in Bekaa since October 2017.
- President of the Judges Association of Lebanon.
- Presiding Judge of the Court of First Instance for Commercial and Financial arbitration in Baabda and supervisor of the Commercial Register in the former Mount Lebanon for 12 years,
- Professor of Law at St. Joseph University since 2011.
Assistant Secretary-General for Membership and Enrollment: Riad Al-Hamdi - Libya
• Member of a judicial body in Libya as a lawyer at the judicial cases administration equivalent to a second – order Judge, and held the following judicial positions:
– Lawyer, Case Management, Gharian Branch, 2006-2012
– Director of the Public Prosecutor’s Office, Nalut District Prosecutor, 2012-2013
– Director of the Public Prosecution in the Department of Wazen District 2012-2013
– Attorney of the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Gado Court of First Instance 2014-2016
– Director of the Public Prosecutor’s Office in the Department of Alrahibat District Court in 2015.
– Director of the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Rajaban District, 2015.
– Head of the Public Prosecution Office of the Faculty of Law Nalut 2016 – 2017
– Lawyer at the judicial cases administration, Gado Branch, 2018 – 2019.
• Previously held the position of head of teaching staff members unit at the Faculty of Agricultural and Animal Production, University of Aljabal Algharbi 2003.
• Previously held the post of head of the department of supervision of the issuance of resolutions at the administrative control directorate Nalut 2004.
• Attained a licentiate degree in law 2002.
• Attained the judicial qualification certificate from the Higher Institute of Judges 2006.
• Diploma in diplomatic relations and consular representation, anointed a diplomatic advisor by Cairo International Center 2016.
• Member of the Libyan Society for the members of judicial bodies.
• Chairman of the Center for International Humanitarian Law in Libya.
• Founding member of the Libyan-Tunisian Relief Society 2011.
• Founding member of the Libyan Foundation for the Development of Public Administration.
• International trainer in international humanitarian law authorized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
Associate Legal consultant at the Libyan Archaeology Directorate
Professional Skills & Experiences
• An expert in modern leadership & management Attained the following training courses:
– Program of preparation of administrative leaders in the field of modern local administration held by the National Council for Economic Development , the course duration was 7 weeks and the candidate passed with high honors attaining a score of 82% Tripoli 2010.
– Training course in the fight against illegal immigration established by the US Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the Libyan Ministry of Justice – Tripoli, Libya, 2013.
– The Leadership Development Program for the Government of Libya held in Dubai 2013, such program was comprised of specialized courses as follows:
– Training course in (Introduction to Audit and Financial Control).
– Training course in (institutional quality and excellence).
– Training course in (Leadership).
– Training course in (project planning and management).
– Training course in (strategic planning).
– Training course in (management of the general budget).
– Training course in international humanitarian law Beirut, 2017.
– Course for Qualification of trainers in international humanitarian law TOT Rabat 2018.
– Training course on how to document victims of torture – Tunisia 2018.
– Training course in institutional thought, change and establishment held by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation – Tripoli 2018.
Assistant Secretary-General for Studies and Publications Affairs: Presiding Judge Sheikh Khalil Boumeneh - Mauritania
- Advisor in the courts of slavery and criminal cases in the capital – Nouakchott.
- Member of the Executive Office and Foreign Relations Officer of the Mauritanian Judges Association since 2017
- Attained certificate in private law from the Faculty of Law, University of Nouakchott
Attained a magistrate’s degree equivalent to Masters’ degree 2 in justice from the National College of Administration and Justice in Mauritania.
- Chairman of the delegation of Mauritanian judges participating in the 61st Union Conference of Judges – Marrakech, 2018.
Assistant Secretary-General for Advertisement Affairs : Chief Prosecutor, Nasser Jarrar
- President of the Public Prosecutors’ Members association from September 2016 to January 2019.
- He is currently the head of the Criminal Enforcement Department in the Palestinian Public Prosecutor’s Office since 2018 and is a member of the directorate of Judicial Cooperation and Cyber Crime.
- He holds a Master’s degree in Law in 2005 from Bir Zeit University – Palestine and a Bachelor of Law from the University of Jordan in Amman.
- Anti-corruption prosecutor since 2010 until 2018.
Deputy Prosecutor (Ramallah and Bethlehem Prosecution from 2008 to 2010).